96 Eclipse shifting problem

My daughter has a 96 Eclipse automatic. Sometimes when you pull away from a stop it slightly hesitates shifting into 2nd. When it does this it stays in

2nd and will not shift into third. If you pull over and turn it off and restart the car, it will shift ok and act normal. The transmission has just been rebuilt but it actually did it occasionally before we had it done. Any thoughts? I am thinking maybe a speed sensor or tps. I am just not that familiar with the Mitsubishi. It has the Dodge 2.0 liter and I guess a dodge tranny. Thanks for any help!!
Reply to
Jetson

<djmcreynolds1

Reply to
Jetson

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

Ive had a lot of those cars with the same symptoms, usually its an input/output speed sensor issue, a wire could also be responsable. watching the data list for those items on a scantool may help resolve it

Reply to
lugs590

Reply to
Jetson