97 Eclipse clutch?

Hi - My daughter has a 97 Eclipse (FWD, Non-turbo) that is needing a clutch replacement. How big of a job is that to do myself? Or conversly, how much should she expect to pay to have it changed at a shop? Any recommendations in the Ann Arbor/Brighton MI area to contact for the work? Thanks - Brian

Reply to
bkm

I guess it depends on how mechanical you are. I've rebuilt my engine before (92 TSI, twice) but have not personally done the clutch though my friend put a clutch in that car I gave him at 260k miles. He said it took him and a friend about 10hrs total. They said it wasn't too hard just time consuming. You can drop the tranny out of the bottom of the car without removing the whole engine. If you don't have the factory shop manual that tells you what to do let me know and I can it to you. Opps, I just realized your talking about a 97. My manual and car are 92 so I don't know how different they are.

Sean

bkm wrote:

Reply to
Sean