97 eclipse Shifter won't "click" into PARK.

When parking one day I put my 97 Eclipse RS I noticed that The shifter would not "Click" into park. The car is definately in park 'cause the tranny locks up but, now the ignition key won't completly switch off and I can not remove the key. HELP!!!

Reply to
RogersEclipse

Very possibly the linkage needs adjustment. Any competent shop can do it.

Reply to
NickySantoro

There should be a keylock overide switch inside the shift column. You will have to pull the cover around you gear selector to find it. This will allow you to get the key out for the immediate problem.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Reply to
Geary Morton