97 mits. eclipse check engine code 0170, help!

I need someones help badly, my 97 Mits.eclipse check engine light is on and the read out is code0170 could someone please tell me exactly what that means and how to fix it. Thank you Ashley.

Reply to
ashhol1121

P0170 is a trouble code for "Fuel Trim". Your car is not able to maintain the proper air to fuel ratio. Chances are a plugged up injector. You're going to have to find a mechanic that you can trust.

Reply to
simpleton

That one is for fuel trim bank one. It could be several things, but the most likely is the O2 sensor on the front bank. I'm assuming that is original OEM on your car? It will cost about 80-100 bucks for the sensor, 5 bucks for the socket, and about 1/2 hour to replace...if it's not rusted on. You can test it, but unless you are used to reading voltage swings off an O2, you wont know how to read them.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know