98 Eclipse factory Radio

My daughter has a 98 Eclipse with a factory stereo. It is a theft deterrent radio meaning if someone where to steal it, the thief could not use it because once you lose the power, like being ripped from the dash, the stereo will not reset unless you have this secret code. The problem is I had to change her battery and now the stereo does not work. I have the CD shop manual for her car, but it makes no reference about radios. The dealer was not much help either even after we showed him that we are the real owners. We bought it used, so the original stereo manual was not in the glove box. I would appreciate any input on how to get the radio back working again. Thank you Jon Flynn

Reply to
Jetson

This pops up about once an month or so here. No offense, but I'm getting so tired of explaining it. I will post it again, but google does have a news group search engine. This answer is in there too.

The radio serial number is on top of the radio. Remove the face plate from around it and the heating and ac controls. Use a flash light and look down the crack and write that number down. Take that number to the Mitsu parts desk and ask them to look up the code for it. Don't go to the service guy. He will want money to do it. The parts desk will usually look it up for you, free.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Reply to
Jetson