984g63t swap to japanese 4g63t

I put a Japanese 4g63t engine in my 98 GST. It is so weird the car will start up for about 3 to 5 seconds and then shut off. What could it be???????? Could it be my alarm system not reading my new engine??? Please someone that knows or has experanced this please reply..

Reply to
jerrod

The 98 expects a cam and crank angle sensor. Does your JDM have these outputs? If it has just the cam sensor, like the 1G, you will need to do the

2G to 1G cam sensor swap per RREs VFAQ. It's not hard to do and will allow you to adjust timing.
Reply to
Nobody U. Know

puppydog