99 Gallant vibration

My car seems to vibrate a lot during moderate acceleration. I have recently had the wheels aligned and tires balanced, but this didn?t seem to help too much. The ride is relatively smooth when cruising at constant speed or coasting, but the second I hit the gas to pass someone on the highway it feel like my car is going to fall apart! It?s not like the engine is cutting in and out, just the whole car seems to shake. Any ideas what could be causing this? Something in the drivetrain or transmission perhaps?

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
pfcowie3

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

<djmcreynolds1

COuld be a tyre itself, jack up each side and spi the wheel by hand and look for any irregular movement. Could also be a engine mounting cracked and allowing the engine to move more than normal.

Reply to
Raven

there are mount stoppers on the transmission mount, if these go bad you have engine to body contact instead of being rubber insulated mr333457 is the mitus part number, you may also want to watch the engine movement while someone reliable shifts between drive and reverse as you may have other mounts ripped,

Reply to
lugs590

"pfcowie3" wrote: > My car seems to vibrate a lot during moderate acceleration. I > have recently had the wheels aligned and tires balanced, but > this didn't seem to help too much. The ride is relatively > smooth when cruising at constant speed or coasting, but the > second I hit the gas to pass someone on the highway it feel > like my car is going to fall apart! It's not like the engine > is cutting in and out, just the whole car seems to shake. Any > ideas what could be causing this? Something in the drivetrain > or transmission perhaps? > > Thanks, > Paul

I had the same problem with my Galant ?99, in my case the problem was tha both axles had worn down. I replace both axles and problem solve.

Reply to
Joshgtz

Had a similar problem with my 99 Galant V6...dealer changed the trans fluid and filter. Fixed it.

Reply to
lpman