audio question (2000 diamante)

Hello all,

My sister has this car with a blown front right door speaker. She also has their better infinity system. I am having a difficult time determining the speaker specifications of the stock one to match it up. I am hesitant to want to pull the door apart without a decent replacement first.

I cant seem to find that detailed of info at mitsubishis website. Also, has anyone any experience at getting easy access to the speaker location?

thanks in advance, Sean

Reply to
SL

Your best bet is to go to Mitsu and buy the exact replacement. I have never seen the specs published for auto speakers (beyond impedance and wattage, maybe), they are often custom spec'd for the auto maker. You could replace both front speakers, then you wouldn't need the OEM one.

Reply to
Nirodac

Yeah, the mitsu website found to be a bad source for info. Also Infinity. I have been searching cruthfield and other places like circuit city etc... for a good deal on a front set. It appears 6 3/4 are the spec size. I have found several decent choices for around 50-150 dollars that would fit fine. If I go the local retailer way, I can afford to change speakers quickly. If the speakers just dont provide what I want, I can exchange/upgrade.

Reply to
SL