azautofair.com - a/c clutch is screaming

I have a '99 mitsubishi montero sport. the a/c clutch started screeming. I change the belt and it continued to screem. After about 15 min it stopped working and I deduced it was the clutch. The problem I have is: a new rebuild unit is just as much as an OEM clutch. I went to NAPO and the unit they sell does not have a splined and threaded shaft sticking out where the original and one at the dealer ship for 2.5x the cost does.

does anyone know if the shaft on the OEM a/c compressor is removeable or if the one from napa has a shaft that was not in the box?

thx, south4t

Reply to
South4t via CarKB.com