Bearings in 4G15 engines.

Hi!

1.5l carb.(84-88) and ECI (88-92). Is there anyone out there with experience with these engines? The reason I ask is that I've experienced what I think is bearing noise from either rod or main bearings in engines with less than 200.000km quite frequent. Are these engines prone to fail on the bearings? Please let me know if anyone have had similar problems and maybe what cuases them.
Reply to
lkh

No more than any other engine unless you run it out of oil. More likely you are hearing rocker noise or piston slap.

Rod bearing noise is a obvious hard tapping sound when you rev the engine. Hold it at about 2000rpm or so, and the tapping noise will stop (or minimise). Main beaings noise is usually a noticeable vibration. Piston slap is most obvious when the engine is cold, and happens all the time. Tapper or lifter noise is at the top of the engine.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS