Can't remove rear drums off a 2001 Gallant?

I am helping a friend change the brakes in a 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant. We get to the rear brakes. How to take the drums out? Parking brake is off, wheel is off, but the bloody thing does not want to come out. But, it spins ok, with a bit of resistance every so often. So we decided to back out the nut in the brake shoe adjuster. It is in a rather stupid location, but we manage to take the rubber plug off... to find we can't find the bloody adjuster. Suggestions?

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares

If you pulled the rubber plug then the adjuster is most likely there. Although I am not familiar with the gallant, you can usually insert a small flat blade screwdriver through the slot to turn the adjuster and they will then click as they loosen (or tighten).

It is not uncommon for these to require loosening before the drums will come off.

Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Here is a picture of the adjuster hole:

It is probably me but I ran a small screwdriver inside the hole and just could not find the stupid adjuster. Also, as you can see, the bracket that holds the hub assembly does not make matters any easier...

I can live with that... if I can adjust it. =)

Reply to
Mauricio Tavares