Cd Player error, 98 Eclipse GS

Anybody else ever have a problem with the cd player loading a disc, then displaying "E01" then spitting it out? This sucks! It's been like this for a couple months... I don't want to buy a new stereo right now, I can't afford it... Anyone know how to remedy this?

Reply to
cowboy36

What type of cd's ?? pre written or as per bought from a music shop. If they ar ecd's you have created from copying, you may not be copying correctly, also some cd players arent compatiable with music.mp3, if you are inserting a cd with mp3 extensions they wont work. Most cd units are compatiable with cda.

Hope this helps

Peter

Reply to
Raven

a new stereo is only about $100,,

I'm Right

Not a factory one though.. I understand there are better ones out there, but I also would rather not spend $100 if I can just poke a button or beat the living shit out of my current one so I can listen to my damn pearl jam cds!!!

I'm o.k....

Reply to
cowboy36

They are purchased cds... I'll probably just have to wait for a couple years till I have enough spare change lying around.. My Discman and tape deck work for now...

This car has a curse I think... Too many things have happened to it that were no fault of the car itself.. Except of course for the the curse... And the Cd player...

Reply to
cowboy36