Central Locking Problem

I have a strange problem with the central locking on my Galant V6 2.5

24v Auto. When I leave the car locked I regularly return to find it unlocked. I know I am locking it because this has happened so often I now check all the doors are locked before I leave the vehicle. The problem is happening regularly and is a real pain if I leave the car at an airport for several days because inevitable on my return its unlocked.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or able to give me a pointer what might be causing the problem?

Cheers J

Reply to
John

I used to have a Galant GLS 2.0 and experienced the same problem. I came to the conclusion that the remote was too sensitive and sometimes when I put the keys in my pocket the remote was set off and unlocked the car. Previous to the Galant I had a Toyota and my wife currently has a Honda, both of these solve this problem by relocking if the doors are not opened within 30 seconds of being unlocked it is a pity Mitsubishi doesn't adopt a similar system

Tony Falla

Reply to
tony

The Jap imports do, I have a Sports GT Galant, it will lock after 30secs

Reply to
Andy

Replace the factory central locking motors with aftermarket ones that arent so touchy

Reply to
Kempys Bitza Mitzys

We had a massive issue with these in the UK , generally it was the drivers side that caused the problems , but with the odd passenger one playing up too ( NB , we have right hand drive cars ) Never could get aftermarket ones over here , but Peter is obviously more experienced in sourcing them !

Regards,

Jeff

Replace the factory central locking motors with aftermarket ones that arent so touchy

The Jap imports do, I have a Sports GT Galant, it will lock after 30secs> > I used to have a Galant GLS 2.0 and experienced the same problem. I

Reply to
JeffDawson