Chariot/Spacewagon parts interchangeability

Hi! Like many of you perhaps I've bought a grey import Chariot and now I'm having a helluva tough time finding spares, in my case a rear exhaust box and left rear shock. Looking at exhaust systems for the Spacewagon the parts look similar but I can't tell whether there are detail differences or not. (See

)A similar situation appliesto the shocks. Can anyone out there share their experiences? TIA Martin

Reply to
Martin

Probably not what you want to hear, but the local Mitsubishi dealer stated that they could support all spares for my Chariot, from Japan if necessary. However I have two other thoughts, contact bodyshopwarehouse and ask them, or alternatively ask a Mitsubishi garage for the part number (and price so they think you might buy one!) for the Chariot, and then on a different day, or a different garage, for the Spacewagon part number, and see if they're the same. If not you could try asking the local factors for the equivalent to the part numbers they give you - there might be a local equivalent even if they're not the same. I must say that my local dealer has been excellent even though mine is a grey import, even down to giving me cheaper solutions than them doing the work!

Good luck, and let me know how you get on - I've got the same problems!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Miller