Click Click- dead?

I have a 1992 Dodge Stealth/3000GT it seems to run fine until I come to a stop. I hear a "click" sound coming from my center console and everything goes dead. I eventually just got mad at it and kicked the console, it "clicked" again and everything came back on. I know the ecm is in the console but is it a loose wire or a defective ecm? Has anyone else had this problem? if so, how did you fix it?

Reply to
xaphan13

xaphan13 ha scritto:

Your ECU/ECM is gone. Repalce it and check also ISC and TPS.

Good luck. Andrea

Reply to
Andrea

Actually, it''s more likley to be the MPI relay (can about 4x3x3cm), also in the centre console. The MPI relay provides +12v to the ECU. Open the ECU box anyway and look for leaking electrolytic capacitors.

With a bit of care you can get the top off the relay, and check for contacts that have arced. A bit of 280grit paper often fixed the problem. There's also the occasional corrosion on the relay pin to the coil wire(s).

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS