Clutch slipping on 2000 Eclipse

I think my clutch is begriming to slip a bit. I notice when in 5th gear and the engine is bogged a bit and I don't downshift that the revs go up with no change in car speed.

Is there any sort of adjustment on this clutch? Any idea on replacement costs from a dealer? Third party?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
gshell

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, it's probably a duck. It will get worse and will eventually crack the flywheel preventing resurfacing.

The clutch is expensive if you go to the dealer. Any reputable mechanic can do it much cheaper. With a lift it takes less than 4 hours. AllData (what most shops go by) says for the GT 7.0 Hrs and 5.5 for the GS. Figure that plus $140 for the new disk. That's about 600 everything at max rate for the GT. I've done many a clutch job on GSXs (AWD/Turbo and harder to do) on lifts and 4 hrs is about average with a lot of BSing and goofing off.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Can anybody recommend a non-dealer mechanic in the Cincinnati Area that might handle this?

Gary

"Nobody U. Know" wrote:

Reply to
gshell