code clearing '01 Eclipse

Hi

How do you clear the service enginecodes on a '01 eclipse gt 3.0 V6? Also do you need a code reader to retrieve the trouble codes? If so where is a good(cheap) place to buy one? Does either Haynes or Chilton make a manual for my car? TIA Joe V snipped-for-privacy@juno.com snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com

Reply to
Joe V

to clear the service engine codes you must have an OBD-II compliant code reader. Once you pull all codes, you can use the tool to erase them all. If the light comes back on, it means something still needs to be fixed. They run about $150 at auto parts stores, most of them are all the same, there's no one better than the other aside from more features like real time statistics. You can goto Autozone (except in California) and have them pull/erase codes for free. I haven't seen a Haynes book for this car as yet, but I believe Chilton has one available.

Reply to
Eric F