Cold Start problem on Shogun Diesel

On vey cold morning, my 2.8 TD LWB Shogun does not start easily.

Do you know what it could be. The battery is strong and its only on very cold mornings

Thanks for any help

Myer

Reply to
Myer Luknar

I have a similar problem on mine. I believe it to be a combination of the cold start/fast idle thing and the glow plugs. With mine, it will start with a lot of throttle and the resultant chug chug of black smoke for a few seconds then it is fine so suspect a couple of the plugs may need changing. Not a good thought when Mitsubishi UK charge £55 each for them.

Reply to
The Brown & Ollis-Brown Family