Cold Weather Package for `00 Eclipse?

Do they make a Cold Weather Package for a `00 Eclipse Im in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and its gonna get cold this winter I mean really cold and I was wondering does mitsubishi or any aftermarket parts makers make and Cold weather kits for the car.

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Grassi

simpleton

does these snow tires really help ? I use M+S all season and it is like no difference, car still skids.

Hakkapellitta 1 tires for the 2G Eclipse which are fantastic

If the fitment hasn't changed from the 1G and 2G

Find them cheap at a junk yard.

and have had no problems .

Peninsula of Michigan and its gonna get cold this winter I

makers make and Cold weather kits for the car.

Reply to
MXW

All Season M+S tires are really not good at anything: they squirm on asphalt and skid in snow. The alternative is more costly as you have to keep a spare set of wheels and tires around but it works so much better. My dry tires are Kumho MX which stick like glue. The snows are Nokian Hakkapelliitta 1 and on hard pack snow, you would swear your driving on a gravel road. I look forward to driving on these because it's a blast. As long as I'm not in snow so deep that the belly of the car is bottoming, I out accellerate and brake shorter than SUVs big time. Another downside to a full snow is that they don't handle great on dry pavement when the snow clears but there are many hybrid tires now that span the gap from M+S and full on snow tire if you do a lot of freeway travel. Lurk over at

and speak to your local tire mongers.

Reply to
simpleton

Is it neccessary here in the winter to get the block heater or the immresion heater for your antifreeze like they have up in alaska and other extreme cold weather places?

Reply to
Joe Grassi

Reply to
simpleton