Colt GS 1993 Gas mileage

Good Day,

My 1993 Dodge Colt with a 1.5L engine 184,000 km (Acquired in May 2004), runs well when it is warm and a bit rough on the cold side. Aside from that I get in the better days 30 MPG average and on cold winter days as low as 22 average. (New filters,wires plugs) This is calculated on a full tank basis driving on a Freeway to and from work. Is this the norm for this car? I just seems with an 8 Gal tank I am filling up too often.

Any comments??

Thanks

Have a nice day,

Marc Arsenault St-Bruno Qc

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Reply to
marc arsenault

If the catalytic converter has given up, the engine will run rich. Check if there are any error codes from the ECU referring to O2 sensors or coolant temp sensor. Get over to Ontario and get an emissions test. This will tell you if the cat is bad.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS