Coolant

What's a good brand of coolant to get for a 2000 Carisma? I've read the manual and they tell you it should be some alcohol but any brand names that anyone knows would be great!

Reply to
Peter

Looking at your headers, I take it you're in the UK. And I can't comment on brand availability there.

It can be very important not to mix coolant chemistries. Some react very badly together and can completely block your coolant passages.

Colour is often (but not always) a reasonable indicator of coolant type. Unless you know what's in there, it would be wise to do a very thorough flush with water when changing it.

The absolutely safe option for the brand and type of refill would be to buy Mitsubishi coolant. It's unlikely to be overly expensive for what it is, and its additive package will be compatible with the alloys in your engine. If it's sold as concentrate, mix it with distilled or demineralised water only.

John

Reply to
John Henderson