Coolant Resevoir Tank

Hey there--

I had a fender bender and there was some damage to my 97 gallant right front side, and I'm trying to put it back together. I've got the Haynes manual and the official service manual, but I'm still having troubles here.

-- Why is there a second tube coming out of the plastic coolant resevoir, and where does it go? One tube carries coolant too and from the radiator, but the second one seems to just be an air tube to ... somewhere. Is the coolant resevoir connected to the vacuum hose system, and if so, where and why, and does it go under a different name? i.e. I don't see the coolant resevoir on any of the vacuum hose diagrams.

Reply to
q335r49

It is just an overflow tube. It is not connected to anything.

Reply to
Buffalo

Its an overflow tube.... just let it hang so that the outlet points to the ground....

Reply to
Pistonhead

aaa thanks

Reply to