Does the Daimler-Chrysler pull-out scare off Mitsubishi buyers?

Now that Daimler-Chrysler announced it will sell its 37% stake in Mitsubishi Motors, leaving the corporation in turmoil, would car buyers take that into consideration when buying a Mitsubishi car also? I am fan of the Evo's in rallying and would be sad to see the marque disappear from motorsport.

Reply to
Wiwat Chang

mitsu's glory days are over . the evo's wouldn't even start at the wrc event in new zealand.

agree, it is sad.

Reply to
simpleton

there were glory days?

Reply to
someone

A friend of mine has a EVO 8 and I asked him the same question.

He said it doesn't bother him much except for carrying on the EVO line.

He made mention of that they have to supply replacement parts for 10 years. I don't know how that would work if the company went belly-up.

Reply to
Richie Rich

tommi makinen did a fine job of dominating the wrc driving an evo. perhaps you were caught unaware?

Reply to
simpleton