Eclipse GTS Regular fuel?

Does any one know if the 2003 Eclipse GTS can be reprogramed to run regular instead of preimum?

Fled

Reply to
fled Frintstone

It will run on it but with reduced performance . The motor features a knock sensor that reports fuel octane values to the ECU. When a lower octane is used, knock is present and the ECU retards ignition timing to prevent engine damage. The ECU will continually reduce timing until knock values are with in a predetermined safe range but it will only provide a limited range of adjustment. What that range is, I can't tell you because I play with the 4G63. I would limit the time spent at full throttle when running on regular just to be safe.

Reply to
simpleton