Eclipse turbo for sale

I recently I bought a lot of stuff at a flea market for a guy who had run out of money and wanted to get home. (his story). Among the stuff was a turbo setup that looks almost exactly like the one at:

"

" He said that the unit came from the car of a friend of his who upgraded his car and that it will fit '96-'98 Eclipse. There appears to be NO end play on either wheel nor any side to side movement. The shaft spins very freely. I will be taking pix of the impeller and the turbine but they look very good to me, the impeller is very shiny and the turbine is very dark. I can e-mail pix to anyone interested but again, externally, it looks almost exactly like the one in the auction.

I'd be the 1st to tell you that I know NOTHING about this turbo except that it LOOKS new and the above description.

The #s on the compressor housing are: TDO5H 49178-01400 above that # is an S and G100379 in another place A1 OF 1/4. On the exhaust housing, it appears to be 02 21 and under that 070. These #s are very hard to read so I may be incorrect on these. On the wastgate diaphragan, N with the 3 Diamond emblem.

Does anyone have any idea the value of this unit? I will be putting it on ebay of no one wants it here. You can e-mail me directly: Johnnywiffer at aol.com. TIA for your help.

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer

x-no-archive: yes

"

">

Probably what you have is a 14b turbo, more like this one:

They are from 1g cars but a lot of people use them on their 2g (1995-199) for a performance upgrade. on ebay I have seen them go for as little as $60 and as much as $250. Depends on how many are listed at the time that you put yours up.

Reply to
Gorf

Here it is on ebay. "

" As you can tell from the pix, it really IS in good condition. I thinkit's worth at LEAST $100. If it doesn't sell, I'll just put it on myX1/9! ;-) John

Reply to
johnnywiffer