engine cutting out

Hi I have a problem of the engine cutting out if revs fall just as temp is coming up to normal operational level. This is on a 1994 Pajero 2.8 diesel turbo. Restarting takes a few seconds and plenty of accelerator pumping and then the car will run fine unless the engine is allowed to cool right down. All the filters, injectors, etc, have been cleaned but the problem persists. Neither the hot weather nor sub-zero temps we have had seemed to make any difference; engine starts easily from cold, runs ok as it warms up, but if I then hit a junction or traffic lights just as temp is reaching normal, cuts out. If I'm on a motorway or other clear stretch of road as it comes up to temp the engine starts to run rough but if I give it some revs will come through it and then be OK.

Any suggestions as to cause and fix would be welcome.

Reply to
decross

Did you check

MG

Thanks for that, interesting forum. There are posts on idle speed problems and other things that are maybe related but nothing quite the same as I am experiencing. Some of the content might be relevant but it's too deep for me. Given me some information that I can discuss with 'a man who (usually) knows' though, so thanks for that.

Reply to
decross