Engine surge update

I replace my EGR valve, due to a CEL and reading the code. I also remove the TB and opened a door after removing two screws. I noticed that one of the gears inside had some teeth missing. Could anyone tell me what that is for and could it contribute to the idle surge. The gear was black and behind a white gear. thx for the help...

Reply to
branigan

Air idle control motor, and thats your problem, in part. The idle control valve is probably full of carbon. Gears are of course not available spares, only the complete throttle body. Look for a good throttle body at a wrecker. Take the cover place off in the presence of the wrecker to verify the state of the gears, before you hand over your money.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Them stepper motors are all over ebay, some at pretty reasonable prices...

Reply to
simpleton

Reply to
branigan

simpleton

Simp, When I took off the cover the was over the gears the gears fell out. I caught them, but wanted to make a point that when I put them back in I positioned the gears to they meshed. The car has been idling fine since. I dont think it is fixed just wanted to share what I have observed. Those gears must oscillate? Or do they spin constant. If they oscillate maybe they dont hit the spot with two missing teeth?

branigan

simpleton