Engine vibration

Hey guys! I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 that I am having some issues with. The engine performs normal at idle but when I am driving at around

40mph or 60mph and I leave the accelerator pedal at the same position accelerating not much the engine starts vibrating. At first I thought it was the road but then I noticed that when I stopped accelerating the vibration would stop. Also that doesn't happen when the car is not moving. The car needs to be in motion for the vibration to be felt. I just did a huge work replacing the head gasket and all the components on the engine. It's very strange that the engine is showing this behavior. Any suggestions on what to check. Thanks much in advance, Teo
Reply to
Metalaid

From your symptoms, my first guess would be spark plug wires. Wires can become brittle and easily damaged when removed and replaced during repairs. It's not the only possible cause but ya gotta start somewhere :-)

Reply to
G. R. Woodring

Do a check of your engine mounts could be one is cracked or broken and is causing engine vibration

Hope this helps

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Ditto that. I believe you had to take off one motor mount on the drivers side to get the head off. You may just need to re-torque them, but most likely the mount was torn when you took it off and you didn't notice or think much of it.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know