Evo VIII sales??

Does any one know , or has any heard how well or bad Evo VIII sales are? I know in my area the dealer still has 4 of them. 2 on the showroom floor and 2 on the back lot they are marked up $4999.00. In my neighborhood I have seen 3 Subie WRX's of which 2 of those are the wagon model. I thought by now I would be seeing more Evo VIII's on the streets of Sothern Cal than I have. any thoughts?

Beeg-o

Reply to
BEEG-O

I'd say most dealers sell EVO's pretty well at sticker price. 5k above sticker, good luck.

Reply to
Brad

As far as I know our dealership has sold more Evo's than any other single dealership in the US with the majority of them going out of state. As of this past week we have sold 30-32 of them (not positive on whether the financing went through on two). We sell them between $500-750 over invoice and the only 'dealer add' that we have on most of them is a Greddy Turbo Timer which, frankly, is good insurance for the longevity of the car. There are still some places trying to get $3k+ but they are few and far between. We typically have anywhere from 4-8 Evo's in stock at any given time and have access to virtually any color/roof/wing combo within a day or so.

If you are interested give me a call and I'll do the internet price ($500 over invoice ).

Mike Freeman Internet Manager Andy Malik Alcoa Mitsubishi (865) 981-4400 snipped-for-privacy@alcoamitsubishi.com

Reply to
DragonRider

I live in raleigh. I have seen more WRX's than EVO's out there. People are probably quickly to get the WRX because it hits 60 faster and has a higher top speed. If the people would look at the fact's, the EVO is all around better for handleing, cornering, and such. I watched the comparison of them both on dirt track driven by profesional rally car driver, the Evo was all around better and had a better time on the track.

Reply to
Larry Durst

For what it's worth..... I shopped for both Wrx STI and Evo today (Boston suburbs), here's what I learned on price....

the Wrx STI is a 2004 model, white in color, the dealer will take a $1,000 of sticker (because the white one has been in showroom for two weeks with no takers.... if I want blue or silver, he wants full sticker....

the Mitsu dealer has two 2003 silver Evo's.... the sticker makes it appear they wanted $5 over sticker for market demand, but when I questioned that, they said they were taking offers involving a discount off the original list.... they acted like the market demand kicker was short lived....

Now the question is if I could get a $1,000 discount on either one, would I be better off with 2004 Subaru or 2003 Mitsu? The stickers on both brands were very similar, of course the Mitsu comes with a stereo!

Any thoughts?

Engineering

Reply to
Car_Shopper

I like both cars. I opted for the EVO VIII in Silver w/ Sunroof and Spoiler for $28,750. I think that's right about at invoice... I did paid for $199 admin (BS) fee. I tried to argue but I figure I got a good deal already.. they can have another $199 bucks.

I would've paid a few grand more for the STi in the Gulf Coast region. I do a lot of autocross and will keep the car stock with exception of of Kumho V700's and a new set of stock size rims.

I think that anybody would be happy with either car. The hood scoup is a turn off for me but I could easily overlook it for it's performance.

The only problem I have with the car is that I bought it w/o my wife's permission and when she was out of town with the kid. I have been living in it since I bought it on August 3rd.

Reply to
BukHumNoi