Fuel Pump Failure with 3000GT?

I'm interested in a 1992 3000GT SL. The owner (a nice lady, so far) said that she stopped driving her car about 2-3 months ago after she got another car. Now the 3000GT can not start! She brought in a mechanics to look at it and the mechanics said the fuel pump is bad and will have to replaced!

I do not know if there is anything special about 3000GT. I've owned several cars, but I have never had any prob with not driving the car? Is this possible?

The 3000GT has a rebuild engine with 55k on it. Is the timing belt service up at 60k? The original engine has 140k on it. She replaced front axle, water pump. She has owned the car for 5 years and she drives a lot for work.... She told me.....

The price is good. Is this a good opportunity, or something fishy?

Reply to
A Chang

Maybe, but very probably not. There's a number of other issues that can cause a no start. a) is there enought NEW fuel in the tank, say about 5 gallons.. b) is the fuel filter blocked. Is there any residual pressure on the fuel injector rail. c) is the MPI relay getting power and supplying power to the ECU and fuel pump. ie check the fuses. d) is the ECU outputting an error code. This may indicate a fuel pump problem, but is really a MPI relay issue.

If you are really interested in the car, have another Mitsubishi aware mechanic look it over, and get it started.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS