Galant 2003 heater

The heater in my car worked very well until recently. The car would normally heat up in just a few minutes. Now, it take about 15 minutes for warm air to come out of the vents. I noticed the the car temperature gauge says the car is warm, why is my the car blowing out cool air when the car is warm?

Reply to
jolenebresney

Its likely that the control unit that opens the heater flap on the core inside the vehicle has failed.

From memory the part is around $175 CAD

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Dawson

Jeff provided the likely cause, but other possibilities include:

- Low on radiator coolant (add to fill)

- Stuck open thermostat (replace)

- Clogged heater core (flush system)

- stuck heater hose shut off valve (not sure if your vehicle has one)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman