Galant 91 SOHC timing strap broken, piston hitting valves ?

Hi

My Galant 91 SOHC cam timing strap broke tonight

With this 8 valve SOHC motor, are the pistons hitting the valves when the timing strap is broken.

Thanks

Marc Legare

Reply to
Marc Legare G4

I don't think the SOHC engine was an interference engine. That is a 1.6L engine, correct? If so, I'm sure it's not. I don't know of any 2 valve per cylinder interference engines.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Its a 4G63 8v SOHC, so yes, the pistons are hitting the valves.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS