Good Mitsubishi reference site

Great Mitsubishi reference site

Some excerpts...

------------------------------------------------ Engine

ODI ID: 10088266 NHTSA Complaint ID: 498602

Make: Mitsubishi Model: 2003 LANCER EVOLUTION 03

Component/Parts: Engine

Failure Date: January 11, 2004 Complaint Date: August 20, 2004

City/State: GOSHEN, NY (New York) Crash: No Fire: No Injured: 0 Deaths: 0

Complaint Description: motor has blown twice 5 days after intial buy of vehicle then again 6000 miles later, manufacter says customer neglect, has not yet been repaired. *ak .

----------------------------------- Steering Column

ODI ID: 10046296 NHTSA Complaint ID: 445602

Make: Mitsubishi Model: 2002 LANCER 02

Component/Parts: Steering Column

Failure Date: November 04, 2003 Complaint Date: November 04, 2003

City/State: DUDLEY, MA (Massachusetts) Crash: No Fire: No Injured: 0 Deaths: 0

Complaint Description: intermittently the steering column collapsed into driver's lap while driving the vehicle. dealer stated this was unusual, we never heard a case like this problem.*ak .

------------------------------------------- Body

ODI ID: 10043308 NHTSA Complaint ID: 438168

Make: Mitsubishi Model: 2003 LANCER 03

Component/Parts: Body

Failure Date: December 28, 2002 Complaint Date: October 21, 2003

City/State: BARTLETT, IL (Illinois) Crash: No Fire: No Injured: 0 Deaths: 0

Complaint Description: the paint job on my 2003 mitsubishi lancer es is very poor. a very light contact makes a scratch on the paint. i have this car for about an year now but after the dealer washed my car for the first time, i can see the scratches on the hood. the dealer is not accepting the responsibility for this. i would say the car of this price should have much better paint and shouldn't scratch that easily. *la .

Reply to
Bhagat Gurtu

get over it man im not going to buy a Honda from you! not that there bad cars or anything i just don't like them. That lancer is an entry level car not a Mercedes Benz. didn't your mama tell you you get what you pay for????????

Reply to
mpberti