Headlight Replacement on 2001 Mitsubishi Galant

My GF has lost the manual! (Don't ask.) For starters I was not able to get the receptacle detached from the lamp! Looks like the prongs should simply slide in, or is there something else preventing removal, other than maybe corrosion? After answering the above, could someone please guide me through the removal/replacement process? I assume everything is removed from under the hood. Several years ago I replaced the other lamp and seem to recall it was tricky. Can someone please guide me through the removal/replacement process? Thanks very much. Frank

Reply to
frank1492