Heater Core Leak

My 2001 Diamante has started leaking from the heater core. I looks like the entire dashboard has to come out to replace the "ASSEMBLY", $246 worth of assembly. Tack on $499 for labor, and that's the cheapest I could find, I'm looking at over $800. A while back Feb. of

2005 to be exact, MIKE had the same problem and was thinking of doing the job himself. He needed Vol 2 of the Manufactures Service Manual for detailed instructions on how to remove the dashboard. I've spent quite a few hours on the net looking for the Man. Serv. Man. but haven't been able to find one. Does anyone know where I can find one? Does anyone have one and is willing to e-mail the necessary instructions? One more question, the car has over 110k miles on it right now, but I'm getting 26 mpg and it still looks good. Here's the question, is it worth the effort to do this job or should I just get rid of the car?
Reply to
jmgute_100

Work out what it will cost to replace the car, along with the reduced sale value with the leaking core.

Why not go to your dealer, buy the workshop manual (perhaps $100) and do the job yourself?

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Have just done the heater radiator on my evo 2, is easy to do, just time consuming, whole dash needs to come out, took about 5-6 hrs to take it out + put it back in, tidied up wires while i was there + put new hose to boost gauge throught the dash. Had to respray the interior where the coolant had caused the paint to fall off. Don't need too many tools either 10 + 12mm sockets, screwdriver set, pliers

Hope this helps

Reply to
Reuben