Help!!!

Yesterday I was cruising down the highway with the cruise control set at 70MPH.. All at once i start hearing a clicking type noise then my oil pressure starts dropping. My car starts to slow down and then all the sudden it just kinded gunned it. I looked out my rear view mirrow as i pulled over immediately and noticed a little white smoke coming out. After I pulled off the road, while making phone calls for someone to come pick me up, my oil starting leaking and what looked like water(?) from under my car. My dad is on his way back down to get it so he can bring it home to look at it. Anyone have any clues as to what he should be looking at???

Reply to
slaball

Almost certainly you've done a head gasket and warped the head. Did you notice that the temp gauge had gone up too?

Clicking noise: water in the oil and that's bearing knock. You may be lucky that the bearings are OK. .. it just kind of gunned it. A bit of water in the cylinder will give a power boost for while until the quantity prevents ignition. White smoke: burning coolant. Oil and water leaks: warped head is letting oil and coolant out. Not uncommon.

Depending on the head damage, you may need a new head. Whoever fixes it should also pull the sump off and check the bearings. You may find its cheaper to get a running engine from a wrecker.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Yep...I would hazard to say the engine is gone. The temp gauge had to be pegged...

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Thanks... Actually, it never overheated at all and NONE of the lights(temp,engine,oil)came on just the oil pressure gauge dropped. After he thought about it, he thinks the water that I saw may have been fronm the a/c since I had it on and it wasnt alot of water. And yeah, he rented a car tow and pulled it back to town so no more damage would/could be done.

Reply to
slaball