how do I program my keyless entry???

Can someone please help? I need to reprogram my keyless entry on a 2001 Mitsubishi galant ...I have looked all over the net. and cant find anything that is helping me? Any info would be a help. thanks

Reply to
mtrue13

You didn't look very hard then...

Nobody U. Know

I don't think that you looked real hard at this???? do any of these say 2001 galant???.....No it doesn't... none of this is of any help to me been there seen this...the closest it comes is 97 dude and even there it doesn't tell how to reprogram???? its just a post like this one....I have seen a few things on the net for a 2003 or other years and have done what it says but it doesn't work....any suggestions would be helpful ...

Reply to
mtrue13

you'll have to excuse mr. knobody u know, as he posts the answer to your question about twice a month and has been known to become "cranky" when presented with additional requests.

Reply to
simpleton

That's ok....but I still have not received an answer to how can I reprogram my keyless entry?....Every site that I have seen has a bunch of mumbo jumbo or the things that I have found don't work. There doesn't seem to be any clear cut answer to my question??? How do I reprogram my keyless entry for a

Reply to
mtrue13

Perhaps a Mitsubishi dealer/agent may be of better assistance.

| |

Reply to
streetwise

Reply to
t_bone

METHOD OF REGISTERING A SECRET CODE

428001ooo79

Each individual secret code is registered inside the transmitter,

and so it is necessary to register these codes with the received

in the following cases.

l When either the transmitter or receiver is replaced;

l If a second transmitter is to be used;

l If it appears that a problem is occurring because of faulty

registration of a code.

A maximum of two different codes per transmitter can be

stored in the memory area of the EEPROM, and up to two

different transmitters can be used. When the codes for the

first transmitter are registered, the previously-registered codes

for both transmitters are cleared. Therefore, if you are using

two transmitters or are adding a second transmitter, the codes:

for both transmitters must be registered?at the same time.

(1) Check that the door locking function works normally using

the door key.

(2) Connect the scan tool to the data link connector.

NOTE

This grounds the data link connector No.1 and gets ready

for a code registration.

Caution

Turn the ignition switch to OFF before connecting

or disconnecting the scan tool.

(3) Close all doors.

(4) Turn the ignition switch to ACC and return it to OFF.

NOTE

This locks and unlocks the door once, and then a code

can be registered.

(5) After pressing any switch on the transmitter once, press

it two more times within 10 seconds to register the same

code for SET I and SET II.

(6) After registration is completed, the doors will automatically

be locked and unlocked once.

(7) If you are using two transmitters or have added a second

transmitter, the same registration procedure should be

carried out for the second transmitter, and it should be

carried out within one minute after registration of the codes

for the first transmitter has been completed. After the

second registration is completed, the doors will automatically

be locked and unlocked once.

(8) Registration mode finishes under the following conditions.

l Registration of two transmitter codes are completed.

l One minute has passed since the registration mode

setting.

l Scan tool is disconnected. (ground released.)

l Ignition switch is turned ON.

l Any of the doors are opened.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know