How to install CD player in Galant-96

I just bought a sony CDX-R3300 mp3 CAR CD player from best b=ADuy. Bestbuy wants about $90 for installtion. Considering the cost of the=AD player ($99), I wanted to install the player myself. Please provide=AD any helpful sugesstion. I haven't done anything like this in th=ADe past. My car currently has a factory installed FM/Tape player.

Reply to
snehru

You just asked the EXACT same question in the Camry group about a Camry... So ya got 2 friggin cars that need CD players??

WORST BUY installs for free but you get taken, they damage your car they cut wires, mis-wire, etc, they are a danger

so Take that POS back to them

buy a stereo from a LOCAL stereo shop Install should be $30-$40 and the only part needed is the harness to plug it in $10 max If you have a 4" tall stereo now, You need a Pocket, $15 max,, The Sony will bolt in to the Mitsubishi brackets

or Buy off the internet and do it yourself

Installation is so frickin easy on that car use

click on how to /help click om install dr click the upper left box click toyota,yada,yada, u got the idea

Reply to
I'm Right

Yes. I bought two players for my two cars. That is the main reason I want to do it myself. Otherwise I will have to shell out $200 just to get it installed. I checked the site it looks good. Thanks a lot. I will try install in my camry this week end and post my experiences here.

Reply to
snehru

if you'd bought from

you'd got the harnesses, extras included.

but install is easy, just as "I'm Right" mentioned. that's a cool site, by the way.

Reply to
Andy M - Tampa Bay

Remove the ISO plugs on the backside of your radio, they wil fith in the sony. Thats the way in Holland, the most car cd/mp3/dvd sets working with the same plugs. In worst case, we have to buy a conversion kit ? 15 max.

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... I just bought a sony CDX-R3300 mp3 CAR CD player from best b­uy. Bestbuy wants about $90 for installtion. Considering the cost of the­ player ($99), I wanted to install the player myself. Please provide­ any helpful sugesstion. I haven't done anything like this in th­e past. My car currently has a factory installed FM/Tape player.

Reply to
kobus