humming sound

i have a humming sound. if i turn the steering wheel to the left or right it stops. any suggestions on waht it could be. thanks, appreciate it

Reply to
sput

"sput" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Power steering? Check the fluid level. Wheel bearing? Chcek the wheel movement when stopped.

How long has it been going on, it it recent, have you damaged the suspension/steering on a road bump or hole?

Regards

SamWitch

i just put 2 new tires in the front. seems to have started then, but cant be positive. ive checked the power steering fluid and added, is it possible im losing the fluid. thanks

Reply to
sput

"sput" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

The new tyres would seem to be the answer. I put Pirellis on one car and had a speed hum, next time the tyres were needed I used Firestones, they wore away quicker but no noise. Are the new front tyres the same manufacturer as the old?

You will get used to it

SamWitch