Idle too Rich on 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 DOHC Non-Turbo

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.0 DOHC Non-Turbo

The car runs fine at road speed but idles way too rich and eventually = dies when stopped. I am told that the idle mixture is set by the = computer and can't be adjusted manually. I'm suspicious that there is a = way to adjust it but can't find much in the way of repair books around = here.

Checked all the usual things - vacuum leaks, connections, etc. First = thought was mass air flow sensor was bad. Swapped out a good one and = saw that wasn't the problem. Replaced plugs and got some improvement, = but still idles way too rich.

Dealer charges $150 and no guarantee they can find it either.

Going to dig into in more this weekend. Anyone have any ideas what we = could try next?

Bob

Reply to
Guv Bob