Interference Engine?

Anyone out there happen to know if a 2.O normally aspirated '95 Eclipse has an interference engine? Someone is selling one on a local newsgroup that broke a timing belt while driving down the road, and claims that he hasn't had it evaluated by a mechanic.

Thanks,

Geary in NC

Reply to
Geary Morton

It's a Neon 420A engine. I thought those were interference, but it's still a crap shot. I've seen non-interference engines bend a valve when the chain caught up. Personally, I wouldn't waste money on any non-turbo Mitsu/Chrysler....and the NT is just a Neon turd. Maybe if it was a SRT4, but then it's still slower than a GSX.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Definitely interference. All Mitsubishis are and all Hondas are interference.

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and irenotecan for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)

Reply to
Joe-46er