is a geo a mitsubishi? weird problem

My Daughter has a 96 geo metro, on her way home from college it leaked what appears to be 90# oil down the steering column and on to her boots. We tore the car apart and cannot find a source. Has anyone ever seen this? Any suggestions?

Reply to
Wyobulldog

GEO is made by Suzuki

GB

Reply to
gray-beard

Sounds lik eyou may have a leak some where along the steering oil circuit, trace your lines from the inbound side and th eoutbound, th einbound has greater pressure so be careful. Once you locate the leak, perhaps a new oil return line is wanted.

Good luck

Peter

Reply to
Raven

Sometimes leaks inside the passenger compartment like this are from brake and clutch master cylinders, and the fluid is brake fluid. Look under the dash for wet rubber bellows.

Gerard

Reply to
geewhiz