Keyless lock chirp w/out alarm?

Pretty much self-explanatory. I've got a 99 Galant ES without an alarm, and both keyless fobs for lock/unlock.

Is there a way to program the car to chirp or beep the horn when I lock the doors via the fob?

(I did search for this via google groups, and found nothing in about an hour of sifting through the matches.)

Thanks, ecd.

Reply to
ecd

The locks are physically toggled between 'locked' and 'unlocked' by a solenoid which is located in each door. Just hook a wire to the hot side of one of these solenoids and bring it to an inexpensive generic relay (available for ~$4-US at NAPA). The output contacts of this relay can directly run a new noisemaker of your choosing, or else simply go to the input of your existing horn relay. Thus the horn should 'blip' momentarily as the doors lock/unlock. And you have not involved yourself with any existing systems in the car, at least any that could cause damage or other mis-function.

Reply to
sweepea