Lancer - engine ticking noise

I've got a 2003 Lancer OZ with 125,000 Km. I've started to hear a ticking noise, I changed the oil and it is still there. Sounds like tappets, althogh I would have thought there would be some sort of hydralic/automatic adjustment.

Any thoughts.

Alvin

Reply to
Alvin Melton

"Alvin Melton" wrote in news:2fGng.97130$Mn5.82993@pd7tw3no:

No, hydralic tappets will make noise too. Have you considered an engine flush. Some people add ATF to the oil about 100 miles before the engine oil change. Me, I'd rather pickup the correct engine flush fluid at my local auto arts supplier, follow the instructions.

Reply to
Nirodac

Here in Australia, under certain conditions, the tappet rails, can get clogged with rubbish, as th eother guy said, a good flush out often stops the clicking noise. Then again, could be a few new seals and gaskets needed as well, depends on how many kms the engine has done to date.

Reply to
Peter