Low pressure A/C valve location....

Hi,

My 1998 Eagle Talon AWD turbo a/c is not blowing quite as cold as usual. I have a can of R134 recharger but not sure where to hook it up. The can says to hook into the Low pressure line near the firewall. On my car the only valve back toward the firewall has a blue cap on it with an "H" on it. The line is cold and I could not find any other valves like it around there. Is my cap mislabelled or am I missing the low pressure line? Looks like a tight fit for the recharger hose to go over this particular valve. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Nozaki

Nozaki ha scritto:

Hi, this car uses R12 coolant, so be careful touse proper coolant or make a complete retrofit to allow you to use R134. valves are designed for R12 so you must use this coolant or change all the system.

andrea

Reply to
Andrea

No, it does not. ALL vehicles manufactured from 1994 (and some in 1993) have R134a refrigerant based systems.

The High pressure port is down near the condensor (radiator). The Low pressure access port is somewhere near the firewall or the RH side guard. Trace the line from the compressor and you will find it.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

So, I'm guessing that the port with the "H" is mislabeled. It is located on the driver's side (left side) on top near firewall. Still have trouble spotting the high pressure valve just for curiousity's sake. Thank you for the responses.

Stewart DIBBS wrote:

Reply to
Nozaki

Not if I remember correctly. You are looking at the high. The low side is below that and requires a small arm to reach it. It is BELOW the brake master cylinder. I also believe the fittings are different sizes. I don't think you can get it wrong.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

hi On my 1992 eclipse turbo 4G63 it's on the compressor. May be worth a look for ya.

Regards, Chance

Reply to
Chance

Nobody U. Know you were right. Found the valve under the brake fluid resevoir near the firewall. Bit tight and hot down in there. The cap was camouflaged under a bit of grime, barely noticed it. Thanks everyone.

Reply to
Nozaki