Mighty Max - Best I ever owned

I just had my 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Truck totaled (through no fault of my own). I have owned it for three years. Drove it from 100K to 150K with only one required maintenance problem (head gasket). As far as I am concerned this has been the most reliable vehicle that I have ever owned next to my old one speed bicycle.

Am I off base. Do these trucks perform that well? I can go purchase another. I just do not know if I just got lucky with the particular vehicle or if the make/model is really that reliable.

Reply to
rm

On 27 Jan 2004 01:47:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rlmoore.net (rm) scribbled:

Here in NZ, and mostly everywhere else in the world they are called L200's.

We used to own an '89 L200 double cab 4x4 with the 2.6L 'sport' motor. Was able to use it for all the tough things, yet drive it around town easily. Although it liked to go through a bit of gas. The engine is pretty hungry. We had ours from 78,000kms to 149,000kms. Needed the clutch done, other than that nothing major.

Reply to
Phillip Weston

Reply to
bigblankowsky