Mitsubishi Diamante ECU faults codes

Could someone please direct me to where I can find the meaning of ECU error codes on a 94 Mitsu Diamante. I have codes 11, 31, and 62. TIA

Reply to
skyhydro

Buy the factory service manual.

Reply to
the fly

If a DOHC,

11 -Oxygen Sensor 31-Knock Sensor 62-Induction Control Valve Sensor

Since none of these are related, you may want to pull the ECU and look for burnt traces. If so, you will need a new ECU or a repair.

Reply to
Nobody U. Know

Thanks NUK for the response.

I should make a couple of clarifications, maybe you or others can help me further. First, the engine is 6G72 SOHC. Second, 20k miles ago I put a remanufactured engine in this car which was working fine until last week when it started to (what it feels like) misfiring. The engine stutters every

10-15 seconds at any speed or temperature. Sometimes it runs for minutes without missing. I'm planning to change plugs, cap/rotor and the plug wires today and will post the results.

Here is my problem, I'm not sure if the codes are from the new engine or the old one because the knock sensor sounds like an old issue. I would like to know where the "Variable Induction control (VIC) valve position sensor" is located. Looking at the engine from the front, is that the small stepper motor looking on the right hand side of the plenum? If not, could you tell me where it's located.

Thanks again

Reply to
skyhydro

"skyhydro" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I'm guessing here but, if you just replaced the engine, chances are really good that you disconnected the battery. That would have erased any codes stored in the ECU. Is the new engine the same as the old engine (model/size and year) If the engine is different and the ECU hasn't changed, this could be a problem. Also, check all your plugs and connections to make sure everything is a good fit. Using the service manual, you can check each and every sensor for operation, just incase something was damaged in the engine swap.

Reply to
Nirodac

Still haven't figured out what VIC is but apparently it wasn't the problem. After changing the plugs+wires+cap+rotor every thing is running great for several days now.

Reply to
skyhydro