mitsubishi lancer electrical problem.

heater not working in ski instructor's lancer. I am in Canada and would like to help out my daughter in New Zealand. She dosn't know what year the car is, but at a value of $1000 I'm thinking late 80's or early 90's. Problem: heater only worked the first couple of days. Now if she's lucky a good bump will turn it on for a few minutes. She's worked on vehicles before, and with a circuit diagram I may be able to guide her to the fix. Can anyone scan and send to help keep a young lady out of the ditch? ..thanks, Harrydb

Reply to
harrydb

Do you mean the heater is 1) not circulating coolant, or 2) the fan's not working?

If 1) get the system flushed. If 2) its the fan switch that's falling apart. There's often a speed resistor inside/attatched. Best approach is to take the switch out, check the connectors (you'll likely find one is burned), and if it can't be rebuilt, get another one from a wrecker.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS