Mitsubishi Mirage?

I just bought a mitsu mirage 94', does anyone know of a good website that has info on this model. It needs a little tlc carpet, tires etc. It also has

62k on it. There is one specific question. Does anyone know when the timing belt needs changed?

Thx,

Reply to
Larry

I assume its 62K miles, so the belt needs changing right about now, unless you have access to the maintenance history that shows the belt has been changed recently ie within 5K. If you have the 90 hp 4G15 (1.5L), the belt is about $30, plus about 1.5 hours labour. It may need a waterpump, as its

10 years old, regardless of the mileage, and likely tensioner bearing and oil seals. If you have the 113hp 4G93 1.8L model (rarer) the costs are about the same.

The Mirage is the same as the Eagle Summit / Dodge Colt, and was called the Lancer in other markets eg Australia. NZ, GB, Japan. There's lots you might want to know, and quite a bit you can do to the car if you want. I've been building a 93 Summit coupe for the last three years. Started with a 135hp Talon 2.0L 4G63 DOHC conversion, and recently swapped it for the 195hp 4G63 turbo. See my website for everything you could possibly want to know (and more) about the Mirage / Summit. There's other sites and forums too MirageTuners.com as I recall is one.

The brakes are barely adequate: its quite simple to convert to big brakes from the Eagle 2000 / Galant or Talon / Eclipse.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS

Stew, I did notice the brakes when I first took it for a spin. Another thing there is a lot of room in the engine compartment which should come in handy. This little guy is just going to get me to work. I purchased a Lancer Evolution a year ago and have been driving that. I also had a 96 eagle talon that someone hit me from behind in and totalled it (that was my daily driver). Actually waiting for the salvage place to pick it up from my driveway. That was ashame, I have the AWD version that was in excellent condition... Anyway, thx for the reply I have a little work to do to get this thing in shape...

Thx, Stewart

Reply to
LWG