Mitsubishi No Spark

As I'm wholly unfamiliar with this specific application, does anyone have a detailed procedure for diagnosing a sudden onset, no spark condition on a 94 Mitsubishi Eagle Summit with the 1.8 L, 16 valve engine?

Thanks in advance for your response and information.

Reply to
Stanley Unwin

"Stanley Unwin" wrote in news:i7sr4m$rkl$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

One cylinder or all? How much milage? Have you replaced the plugs?

Reply to
chuckcar

This isn't a generalized question about how to diagnose a no spark problem, the issue is specific to this application as the latter is quite unlike any I've previously encountered. I would most appreciate responses from those that might have wiring diagrams, schematics, pinouts, diagnostic procedures or leads to information about the specific system used in this application.

Reply to
Stanley Unwin

"Stanley Unwin" wrote in news:i7tik8$7s4$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Mitsubishi offers all this online for $20 a day (expensive compared to Honda or Toyota!).

You can download, save, and print all the information you need.

Reply to
Tegger

lol. What does "mileage" have to do with "diagnosis" ?!?!

Reply to
willy

Thats a good, albeit admittedly relatively expensive lead, thanks. I'm attempting to assist an elderly woman on a fixed income and hoping someone may have something free to share but if not will avail myself of the info at your provided lead. Again my thanks.

Reply to
Stanley Unwin

since you have an obdI vehicle which does a lot of self diagnosis, why don't you get the car's engine computer to tell you what's wrong?

Reply to
jim beam

"Stanley Unwin" wrote in news:i7tmg8$jn8$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Can you give some more detail on your original comment that, "the issue is specific to this application as the latter is quite unlike any I've previously encountered"?

Reply to
Tegger

willy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@t20g2000yqa.googlegroups.com:

Spark plugs maybe? What do you *know* is the problem?

Reply to
chuckcar

he hasn't even /started/ to *know* because he hasn't done even the simple stuff like pull the engine computer codes.

Reply to
jim beam

jim beam wrote in news:Gs6dnRF1iL4AUz_RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Precisely why I asked. No one here *knows*.

Reply to
chuckcar

Contrary to the piss poor advice and inane questions you've garnered to date, this thread, found with a "mitsubishi 1.8 L no start" seed, may be just what you're been seeking.

You're welcome.

Reply to
Portnoy

Almost certainly the problem is the coil assembly or ignition control module inside the distributor. See

for really good prices. Coil assembly around $70, ignition control module around $40, complete distributor about $200.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

ule inside the distributor. Seewww.rockauto.comfor really good prices. Coil= assembly around $70, ignition control module around $40, complete distribu= tor about $200.

That's god damn amazing! How do you do that?!?! Can you tell me what's wrong with my 93 4 Runner?!?! It won't start either?!?!

Reply to
willy

inside the distributor. Seewww.rockauto.comfor really good prices. Coil assembly around $70, ignition control module around $40, complete distributor about $200.

of course! he just plugs in to the psy-di* port and can tell you /exactly/ what's wrong.

  • psychic diagnosis - the new global vehicle diagnostics protocol scheduled to replace odb0, obdI obdII and can by 2015.
Reply to
jim beam

LMAO! Do I need to push the truck closer to my dektop or do I just need to walk my laptop by it?!?!

Reply to
willy

Years of (mal)practice coupled with extension of my library of invective prose.

SD

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Those are business class car. There is no need of diagnosis. Its performance is good after all. :roll:

Reply to
lickteeth